Monday, September 3, 2012

I don't know what to name this...so yea

For some odd reason I really enjoyed the reading in "They Say, I Say" and it's not because I didn't read the other book. I enjoy the way Graff is able to break down complex writing into very simple terms. He has a way of making me feel more confident about writing my next paper. I found that I was able to agree with him when he said that "agreeing [with an argument] is less simple than it may appear]". I have found that in the past when agreeing with an argument I do tend to summarize what has been said rather than adding to the argument. I normally take the easy way out and find an essay to disagree with. When disagreeing I find it difficult to say why I disagree, rather than just stating facts that disprove the argument. I tend to take my voice out of papers and stuff them full of facts and repeat what the author has said. I guess that's what this class is for, finding my strengths and weaknesses and making them stronger!

No comments:

Post a Comment